Hey everyone Happy Earth Day!! In honor of mother nature, I am writing about sustainable furniture today. It is crucial that we all start taking better care of our home; Earth, as she has taken such good care of us. If we continue to want to see her beauty and all she has to offer we need to be more mindful. Mindful in just about everything we do every day all day. Things like can you ride your bike instead of drive the car to work today? Or can you use and consume less? The options are endless.
So today I want to choose the subject of sustainable furniture. Choosing eco-friendly furniture is just one of many ways you can show love for Mother Earth. I am sharing a list of companies with not only eco-friendly furniture, some of them finding ways to give back.
First I think I have to mention that re-using or recycling a piece of furniture is always a good way to go green. By not wasting the furniture and then consuming more you are giving it and mother nature a second chance. Another way to recycle or upcycle a piece of furniture is from your local thrift shop or flea market. There are usually amazing deals to be found, and sometimes with a little DIY and creativity, they are better than before. Great and easy suggestions for simply living eco-friendly
Now on to the sustainable brands:
- Joybird: Eco-friendly, made-to-order, fair wages and health benefits for craftspeople, no harsh chemicals or flame retardants is what’s behind this brand. Plus, for each item sold, Joybird plants more trees than were used in the manufacturing of that item in an effort to help preserve the rainforests. Online store only.
- VivaTerre: upholds sustainability and integrity throughout the design and manufacturing process of their truly globally-inspired, modern furniture. Online store only.
- Stem: Eco-friendly, made in the USA, upcycled and organic materials, customizable. Their responsible manufacturing process takes place in the USA, cutting down on carbon emissions. Online store only.
- ABC Home: Eco-friendly, ethically and sustainably sourced, fair-trade. Online store only.
- West Elm: FSC-certified, made in the USA, Fair-Trade, eco-friendly. Online and instore.
- Crate and Barrel: Dining & home office collections featuring eco-friendly, FSC-certified, reclaimed wood, and sustainable bamboo. Online and instore.
Inmod: Bedroom, lighting, storage, and children’s featuring eco-friendly, made in the USA. Online store.
My goal is to strive to do a few green things every day. Little steps to make a big difference. Happy Monday and Happy Earth Day!!